We are all looking to connect. If that wasn’t the case, there wouldn’t be a loneliness epidemic. Think we’re joking? There is more and more research being done, articles being written like “Researchers Confront an Epidemic of Loneliness” from the New York Times, and overall conversations addressing loneliness across all ages and groups.
So in order to avoid loneliness, you need to find ways to deepen your connections with others, so that you can have strong lasting bonds, true bonds.
Here are 10 Ways to Deepen Your Connections:
- Smile – Be careful of resting b*** face or douche baggy vibes
- Make Eye Contact – It’s the simplest and most powerful way to connect on a deeper level
- Schedule Quality Time – Don’t rush time and don’t schedule it when you know you’ll be checked out
- Listen With Your Heart – Actually be present in the conversation
- Actively Love – Actually do things for and with people to demonstrate your love
- Communicate Consciously – Heartfelt, open dialogue goes a long way…a very long way
- Dig Deeper – Figure out your patterns and beliefs, and which ones no longer have a place in your life
- Be Present and Focused on the Other – Don’t look at your phone, laptop,
- Establish Go’s and No-Go’s – Don’t be afraid to find out what other people like and dislike and any deeper questions
- Be Authentic – Don’t try to be someone else.
Read the original Deepak Chopra article.